Ca Mau is the southernmost province of the country – the place where many layers of people go to reclaim land to conquer nature. Ca Mau is a province focusing on 06 religions including Buddhism, Catholicism, Protestantism, CaoDai, Hoa Hao Buddhism, and Pure Land Buddhist Sangha in Vietnam.
By the beginning of 2017, Ca Mau province had 373.327 followers, accounting for 30,7% of the population; 1.132 dignitaries; 1.913 positions. There are a total of 142 grassroots religious organizations; 134 worship facilities. Include:
– Buddhism includes: Northern Buddhism, Hoa Tong Buddhism and Nam Tong Buddhism. Inside:
+ Bac Tong Buddhism has a total of 41 worshiping facilities; 277.865 buddhists, monks, dignitaries, positions, monk, venerable, nuns, great virtue, sadi, sadini, mana.
+ Hoa Tong Buddhism has 02 worshiping facilities; 2.180 buddhists, laity.
+ Nam Tong Buddhism has 07 worshiping facilities; 25.215 buddhists, monks, venerable, great virtue, positions.
– Catholicism: has 19 worshiping facilities; 22.360 parishioners and priests
– Protestants include: Vietnamese Protestants (the South), BaptitVN Protestants, Inter-Christian Protestant Protestants, Jehovah’s Witness Protestants, Adventist Protestants. Including:
+ Vietnamese Protestantism (in the South) has 08 worshiping facilities; 4.472 believers, pastors and evangelists.
+ BaptitVN has 34 group points; 1.105 members, pastors, women ministers, ministers.
+ The Christian inter-evangelicals has 01 meeting point; 49 members and pastors.
+ The Gospel of Jehovah’s Witnesses has 01 meeting point; 136 members and positions.
+ Seventh-day Adventist Protestantism has a group point 32 members and positions.
– Cao Dai consists of: Cao Dai Minh Chon Dao, Cao Dai Tay Ninh, Cao Dai Tien Thien. Includig:
+ Cao Dai Minh Chon has 23 worshiping facilities; 13.436 dignitaries, positions.
+ Cao Dai Tay Ninh has 9 worshiping facilities; 13.277 dignitaries, positions.
+ Cao Dai Tien Thien has 02 worshiping facilities; 715 dignitaries, positions.
– Pure Land Buddhist laity: there are 22 worship facilities; 14.691 believers, dignitaries, officials.
– Hoa Hao Buddhism: has 01 worshiping facility; 1,056 fellow believers.
Religions of Ca Mau religions actively participate in social charity activities such as supporting poor people on the occasion of holidays, Tet, bridging rural roads, examination and free medicine provision for poor patients, support heart surgery for the poor .